The primary goals of the International Council of Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation (ICCPR) are to:
- To bring together national associations from around the world, to harmonize efforts in promoting cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation.
- To work towards on-going consensus among national associations globally, regarding the internationally-common core elements and standards of cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation.
- To promote cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation as an essential, not optional service to ensure broader access to these proven services.
- To support countries to establish and augment programs of cardiovascular prevention and rehabilitation, adapted to local needs and conditions.
- To consider and communicate the emerging evidence base for cardiac rehabilitation.